Monday, July 18, 2011

Week 19





Hi family!

Oh Nixon is so cute!!! I will be praying for him. Not going to lie...it is hard to know that he is sick but I have to wait a whole week again to hear the news :( I hope and pray that all is well though!!

Totally jealous that you got to see harry potter. Ok, so not that jealous...but still. I bet it was awesome. I just pretend that it comes out when I come home :)

We had an awesome times ten weekend. My life is so good. First of all, we made all of the standards of excellence of the mission this week! yay! That is something that really just does't happen in La Mancha too much...so we are excited! The Lord is blessing us so so much. Also, I hit my 4 month mark. crazy town. We celebrated by setting a baptismal fecha :) with Josefina. She is so sweet and perfect and receptive of the spirit. Josefina is from Bolivia...51 and wonderful. I just love her. And she is getting baptized on the 30th! yes.

Also, we had our district activity on Saturday. It was a cena with skits and stuff. It was a blast!! We had Dolly there with her 3 daughters (Dolly is my favorite person. have I told you about her yet? she's great. and so hilarious. I love her. She just calls me Ross and is always trying to make me laugh because she thinks i'm...well I'm not exactly what the word is that she calls me. I don't know what it means. But I'm pretty sure she loves me too. haha She isn't ready to get baptized yet...but she has been bringing her 3 teenage girls to everything because she has seen something in hna sturgess and I and in the members of the branch that she wants for her daughters) anyway, the cena was fun. The elders put on a couple really random skits spur of the moment but everyone loves everything the missionaries do...so even though they didn't get it, they loved it. haha And our branch had the spiritual skit. We were all dressed in white as if we were in the pre existence...I was a little worried about that...but it turned out really great. The spirit was strong. We sang Te Hallaré, Mi Querido Amigo. I can't remember what it is called in english, sorry.

Also something fun from this week is that one of the elders in the district, Elder Bradley, made us all tender mercy journals. So every night we have to write in our little journal the tender mercies from the day. It has been so fun! And we have become so much more aware of the little miracles that we see everyday. Or just the little things that happen to make us smile. You should start a tender mercy journal too...president monson said that to live a grateful life 'is to touch heaven' and it's the truth.

I love you so much!!! Have a good week!

You are in my prayers...and thank you for yours :)

con amor,

hermana ross

p.s. Picture 1- excited about our numbers this week!

2- last district meeting we ate at the Wok, the chinese buffet...it rocked my world. Seriously, it might be worth a trip to spain just so you can eat at the wok. But I love this photo because we had a chinese guy take it for us and he took forever to do it because he kept trying to make us get closer...but elder card and I could only get so close. haha we were laughing way hard

3- us, dolly and her daughters at the cena!

4- two of our FAVORITE women in the branch! Kriss and Denis. I love them so much.


No comments: