Monday, December 19, 2011

Week 41

Hi Dad!

I'm so excited to talk to all of you next week!!! It will be so nice to see you.

I definitely don't have the address of where we will be. sorry. but I do know yours. And I am planning on calling at 6 our time in spain. Sounds like you have lots of crazy traveling and work right now! Luckily you will get to go home this week.

So this week was crazy, full of changes and things. Hermana Woodward left on tuesday morning....but Hna Capener didn't come in until tuesday night. Obviously, just one hermana misionera in Murcia just can't be. SO...I got to go to Cartegena! Really it is only 40 minutes away but it was super fun...I just spent the whole day with the hermanas there going to their citas and district meeting and such. Cartegena is a beach city and super pretty. It was weird not being in my own area though...I could totally feel that it wasn't under my stewardship. That may seem like a really missionary thing to say...but i'm a missionary. and it's true :) I'm supposed to be in Murcia right now. So coming back was just as fun as going! I got off the bus here just a few minutes before Hna capener tuesday night. I am so excited to have her here!!! I love hna capener! She is super fun...we have a lot in common and get along so well. She only has two transfers left....which is crazy but it is also nice to be with someone who has more experience than me.

Anyway, wednesday transfers were still going on so an hermana from Torrevieja had to come to Murcia to spend the day with us! So I had a great couple of days being in a trio again :) we just enjoyed it and kept working!

Yesterday, Dima and Rossi (our bulgarian investigators) came to church finally! But the schedule was all changed around so our meetings were in the afternoon, at 5 (because the other ward had ward conference...they needed the whole builing all morning? classic.) So everything was a mess. Not to mention they don't speak or understand spanish incredibly well. I was so worried the wholllllle time. And it was the primary presentation in sacrament meeting...haha oh jeez. They aren't like the ones in the states. I've never heard a more off key primary...hahaha it was so funny. But, through it all...they still loved it! It probably helped that they had no preconceived notions of what it should be like....you guys would have thought that sacrament meeting was a hoot :) also maybe it does help that they don't understand everything. and...they had studied with the testigos de jehovah for a year in bulgaria (jehovahs witnesses) so maybe they just loved that we like to party. Either way, Dima was writing down the schedule for christmas so they could come next week and they were just so happy to be there! It was like a miracle!! haha I love them. Also, Rossi has totally quit smoking and they are super excited for their baptism :) they have even been asking us about what they need to wear :)

This week we are going to try to pass by all of our members houses. It will be fun! I'm making enough snickerdoodles to feed all of africa. Snickerdoodles are a new concept for spain.

Well...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love you!!!!!!
talk to ya sunday :)

con amor,

hermana ross

No comments: