Monday, August 6, 2012

Week 74

Our new mission blog is:  thespainmalagamission.blogspot.com


HELLO

i know the time is coming quick when I get emails about coming home. haha
but, life is good in granada.

Remember how Vicente was baptized last weekend? And remember how it has changed his life completely? Well, it's the best. But after his baptism he was too scared to bear his testimony. However, yesterday, he got up to bear his testimony. in front of the whole ward. The fact that he got out of his shyness enough to do it...is earth shattering. I about peed my pants. The ward LOVED it. haha everyone was like shaking his hand and saying stuff to him when he went to sit down afterwards. And bishop was sooo excited. Good stuff. Everyone keeps telling us how much of a change they have seen in his face. The gospel changes lives! I love it!!!

Last week we went with the elders to see the cathedral here. It was cool...but we mainly went because we heard that the tombs of the Catholic Kings are there....but we got jipped. It was still neat and huge though. Although....once you've seen one cathedral....you've basically seen them all. haha that's just the honest truth. Today, the elders are gone for a zone leader concilio so Hna Roderick and I are just doing a p-day out on the town :) haha we even have a picnic :)

In other news, Elder Shaver gave me the music on the new efy cd. I have never been so happy about efy music before in my entire life. hahaha

Also, I feel really excited to go to the temple again.

So, we had some REALLY cool things happen this past week...and this week is going to be crazy busy. Which is good. But, we have been teaching a woman named Rosa (from Ecuador and in the picture of just me and hna roderick) and her daughter Maria Jose. They went to the baptism last weekend and have been coming to church...and are SO ready/willing to get baptized. They are so cute. Also, Rosa has two littler kids as well. But, Rosa can't get baptized until she leaves her living situation....that is, she lives in the same piso as the father of her two youngest children. BUT, they aren't married. Actually, they aren't even "together" or happy being in the same room with each other...but they do it "for the kids" In order for her to get baptized, she would need to change something. And she wants to get baptized so badly. So, we sat down, told her what's up...and told her to pray about it. After that cita, the two of us have fasted twice. And yesterday she told us that she is getting baptized saturday before Maria Jose goes to Ecuador :) so, this week we will be moving her and her 3 children to a different home and the two of them will get baptized saturday! :) I am praying that all goes well. I love Rosa. She is so great....and this is going to be hard. But it will be worth it.

One more thing cool that happened this week was with our investigator Leni. The elders found him on Dia de Diamante. He is from Ecuador too (i mainly hang out with the ecuatorian peeps these days) and is a doctor. But, he doesn't have a job and can't find one....he spends alll day everyday searching. It's really sad. But, it is humbling and he needs God. Anyway, the man is so poor that he doesn't even money to buy food for himself. The other day, (during our fast for Rosa- miracles seem to multiply on each other) we were doing a few contacts before our cita with Leni. Towards the end, we talked to a guy from Pakistan. He was really nice and when we told him that we don't think that all pakistanis are bad people, he thought we were really nice too :) haha anyway, he is muslim but we got his address anyway. As we were saying bye he said, "Look, I was going to give this to a friend...but now it is for you." and he hands us a bag of food (it was a kebab  -look it up- with fries and a drink) haha it was REALLY random. but nice...but also we were fasting. So we laughed about it...But after like 5 steps of walking away from him we both said, LENI! and happily went to Leni's house to give him the dinner the Lord provided for him through a very nice man from Pakistan :)

Welp. have fun at Andrew's wedding! Tell him I love him! Also, I am praying for you guys dad! I hope all goes well with that too.

I love you family!!!
You're the best!
ole.
con amor,

Hermana Ross



No comments: