Monday, August 22, 2011

Week 24

ok...first of all. PAUL!!! haha oh man. I can't believe he's home!! That so great. Hi paul! :) craaaazy! Also, so cool that you saw president tew. He is truly batman. Really amazing. Oh it makes me happy to get saludos from both of them

Second of all, check out the family pic on the blog :) http://www.spainmalagamission.blogspot.com/

but it is true what hna clegg said, our district is all different now. one of the elders got emergency transfered even.

Third of all, once upon a time, I sent an elder a package and he wrote back and told me, "packages are manna."

SO TRUE

I got your package last tuesday and it was so exciting!! Thank you so much best parents in the whole wide world!! :) I totally called the 259 cd. haha I thought that was funny. I love it. Actually that cd makes me miss you, dad. Maybe because you used to sing those songs on sunday a lot. But it was like heaven times ten getting new music. Thank you times ten! And....I had forgotten how weird Idaho Spuds are....

It is extremely hot here right now. We've been dying a little bit. But not at the same time. I feel like if I had known how hot it would be and what I would be doing before I got here I would have felt like....there is no way. Or I remember seeing the elders in vegas during the summer riding bikes and thought they looked miserable...but the truth is, you just do it. And love it. Like, I am so hot. so tired. and stressed many times. But so happy. The Lord just carries you through.

So...

We had a little party for our branch this saturday (acutally it was a pool party but of course we didn't swim) and it was so fun! I love these members so much. I can hardly even explain it. And some of them I can barely understand baha but they are just my favorite people. I really admire them for how strong they have been for so many years in a place that struggles so much in the church. They are incredible. Also, it was really funny because we were telling super lame jokes with the elders. I love being a missionary because of how everything gets funny. I already thought everything was funny before but now...even more so. I was crying at jokes like "call me the bus driver....cause I'm driving the bus!" We were trying to make every lame joke we could think of, even lamer...and succeeded. It was hilarious. Maybe you had to be there. Story of my life.

Also this week, we had one of the most amazing lessons of my entire mission so far. We are teaching a romanian woman named edith whose mother is queen of the jehovah's witness so she has a lot of typical JW doubts...but anyway she came in to our lesson and we were planning on teaching el plan de salvacion PERO she had a lot of doubts about the book of mormon. so of course our original plan flew out the window and we just had to go by the spirit. (also, she had already read into 2 nefi! she's crazy! but i like it.) We were able to use a lot of scriptures from the old and new testament and the book of mormon to answer all of her questions. It was truly amazing. It's an incredible experience when you get to feel when d& c 100 becomes your life. She told us that she had never felt that way in her entire life. She was essentially drunk on the spirit too...for real. haha and when she was leaving the capilla she told us, "I'm going to miss you so much when you go back to your country!" I love her.

Today we are having another joint distict pday of basketball fun! But this time I'm wearing sunscreen.

welp. I think that's all. I love you so much family!!! Happy anniverary nat and adam! Welcome home paul! Have a good trip mom! If any of you go on cruises without me, you have to take me on one when I get back!! Miss you all!

loves,

hermana ross

No comments: