Monday, September 26, 2011

Week 29

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CADEN!!!!!!!

(and dad and whitney!)

I love you!

I hope everyone took full advatage of their birthday power! haha that story made me laugh dad...that is awesome.

Ok first of all, I'm really stoked to see that natalie has really been getting into the cupcake spirit :) those are SO cute! also...I like how Ashlyn's flower is bigger than her head. haha so great. I can't wait to kiss those little babies.

So here I am in MURCIA!! getting transfered is crazy town. This has been one of the most stressful weeks of my life. hands down. It was SO hard to leave Ciudad Real!! I didn't want to leave at all. Last monday we had a noche de hogar (FHE in spanish) with the branch combined as a going away party for me and hna gibson so that is what the picture is of. So I kind of think that for a 21 year old girl I've moved around a bit even just with in college and things....but those were some of the hardest goodbyes of my entire life. It was so sad. I just don't know that I will ever see them again. It's sad. But I love that place. I felt so much love from the members there....and we had such a fun district. Somos La Mancha!!! :)

But, now I am in a WARD! my mind is spinning from trying to remember everyone here. I'm used to going to church and being able to say hi to every single person there with in 5 minutes :) But I'm really excited to be here! Murcia is a pretty big city (at least compared to Ciudad Real...but not like Madrid or anything. maybe you can look at a map) there are two sets of elders here as well...which is kinda fun too. I'll probably be here for a while. Speaking of which, here is my new address...use it!

C/ Acisclo Diaz 7, 2a

30005 Murcia

España

My companion is Hermana Woodward. She is from Spanish fork ish utah and has one less transfer in the mission than I do. So...I am the senior companion. She is really great! I love her and we get along well. We are a super young companionship...so we are still learning...but it is also good because it means that we aren't set in our ways. We are ready to do things new and fresh! Also, we are having a baptism this saturday! Isn't that exciting? I certainly can't claim it as mine...but I will get to reap the benefits of a lot of other hermana's work :)

I am SO pumped for conference!! I can't wait to here the words of the Lord's apostles and prophet. Because of the time change, I don't get to watch the sunday afternoon session...but I will be watching the sunday morning session at the same time as you guys! :) I hope everyone goes to conference prepared with questions and hearts ready to hear!

3 Ne 28:34 our mission president told us that we should view the conference not as the church's conference, but as the Lord's conference. I like that.

can I just tell you something funny that me and hna sturgess were doing for the last week when I was there? Actually probably two weeks. It was just that funny :) we were making meat before milk jokes alllll the time. They kill me. It makes me laugh so hard! Maybe only missionaries will think this is funny but it is my favorite thing. We would joke about if in our street contacts we started out by talking about Kolob...or temple reccommends...or one of my personal favorites, the pearl of great price. haha "so we learn in the book of moses that adam actually was the first prophet. *start singing the prophet primary song* oh right, you don't know about the book of moses. ok, so we have three extra books. One of them is like from a mummy tomb...but wait, let's start with the book of mormon. Ok, so there was this place called Hill Cumorah and an angel told joseph smith to go find some gold plates..." maybe if you remind me when I get home I can tell you some of them. it's pretty fabtastic.

also...that's so crazy about those kids!! what hoodlums. and no...I haven't called wells fargo yet. I just can't seem to find time for it. It is such a pain. But i'm going to try and call today.

Well family, I love you so much!!! I miss you. I hope you have a good week and conference weekend! I can't wait for me and parker's birthday :)

LOVES!!

con amor,

Hermana Ross

No comments: