Monday, January 16, 2012

Week 44



(This is being posted one week late)

Hola!!

This week was AWESOME!!! seriously. It was an exceptionally great week.

First of all, we had a specialized training. I love every opportunity I get to listen to my mission president. We learned a lot about goal setting and keeping. I've decided that I need to be a goal setter for the rest of my life.

Second, it was dia de los Reyes. On the 6th they celebrate they day when the wise men came to see Jesus. It was bigger than christmas! The night before, there was like a straight up Macy's day parade going through Murcia. Or at least close to it. EVERYONE was there! It was insane. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't a missionary trying to get to a cita on time...but we couldn't because all of the buses were stopped and the main street was party central. Then on the actual day, we had a ward party and it was a blast! They have a traditional cake they eat..called Roscón de los Reyes. It is really delicious...especially since we dipped it in chocolate. yes. also, in these little cakes, they hide toys in them...but I didn't get one with a toy in it.

Then, on saturday, we had a BAPTISM!! yay! Dima and Rosi are so cute! They were soooo happy! and I was too. although they don't look like it in the picture...I don't know why people don't smile in pictures here. Anyway, the elder that is with us is Elder Forrest, our zone leader. He baptized Rosi because when we were teaching them, Rosi wanted to stop smoking (before we had even told him he had to!) and asked for a priesthood blessing. So, the zone leaders came and gave him a blessing. after that, Rosi stopped. He told us that after Elder Forrest laid his hands on his head...he didn't have a desire to smoke anymore :) and that was after over 30 years of it. He knew it was a miracle and so he wanted Elder Forrest to baptize him. So tender. Their confirmation was incredible too. Pretty sure Dima was crying for two days straight. It just never ceases to amaze me how much the spirit breaks language barriers. The ward is so excited to have them...and they are excited to go to the temple! :)

and now, today Hna Capener and I went to La Iglesia Fuensanta. Or in other words, this huge, ancient cathedral that is up in one of the mountains on the edge of the city. I have been wanting to go there for forever because I always see it from the bus. It was such a cool adventure. It was a baby hike to get to it...and then we could see the whole city from up there. It is days like this that I remember that I am in Spain. SO cool!! The history here is so amazing. Everything is old and like it should be in a history book.

It was kind of funny because there was a little souvenier shop up there and the lady was trying to figure out what we were and was like naming nun places to figure us out after she saw our tags. Then when we said we are missionaries she said, "oh...did you see the virgen when you came in?" Yeah lady, we saw your virgen shrine alright. haha my goodness. I really do love spain with all my heart. Actually, pretty sure there are a lot of things that I've gotten just so used to...that I forget that America doesn't do things that way. But that's fine.

The church is just oh so true!

Welp. I love you so much! I hope everyone is doing well.

con muchiiiiiisimo amor,

Hermana Casey Ross

No comments: