So, you should check out the mission blog this week! I made quite a few appearances.
One of the BEST parts of this week actually has to do with one of the elders on the blog. The picture of the two elders and one of them has a knife...well that is because elder Basurto "died" in the mission. And guess what, Elder Basurto is from Murcia! (ok, actually he is from Ecuador but his family lives here) and his name is Alberto. He is known for being one of the craziest/most obedient/hard working elders in our mission. So, hna capener and I knew that he was coming home to our ward so for weeks now we have been chanting alberto's name in our planning sessions. haha (but we really do! ha) because his whole family isn't baptized. and we want to baptize them. and want his help. Not to mention, we have been struggling pretty bad with our ward mission leader...and were ready for something new.
so this week...alberto got home!!! We were at his house the day he got home. haha sooooo excited!! and yesterday in church he got called to be our new ward mission leader! YAY!! it has been an answer to so many prayers! He even went contacting with us and knocking doors yesterday :) he's crazy excited to work. all the time. such a blessing for us. yay for alberto!
and he spoke in church yesterday and essentially told everyone that they are missing out if they aren't helping in the missionary work. and that's the honest truth.
mom told me about the ward fast you are doing for the mission work. That is so great!! It makes me so happy to hear it. The missionaries need so much help from the members. I know it because WE need so much help from the members of our ward. It is so much harder without them!! I wish I had understood all of this before my mission...but I just had no idea. Help the missionaries! Share the gospel! It will only bless your lives. I wish I could tell everyone that. Oh wait, I do. bhaha
Really though, I understand now how completely essential the members are. Everyone knows people. Everyone can meet someone new. It doesn't have to be scary...and it may be kind of hard. But missionary work isn't easy for anyone. Just have faith and love them...the Lord will help us!
Well family, I love you!! I hope you can think of someone who needs the blessings of the gospel that we have.
con amor,
Hermana Ross
No comments:
Post a Comment