Monday, May 21, 2012

Week 63

Hey fam!

I sent tons of pictures! We had a good week :)
This last saturday was a blast! We had a ward activity. That is what the first picture is of. It is us with one of our investigators (Yolanda, we contacted her on the street, got her info and then 20 minutes later in Tania's house when we were teaching...she comes in! She totally lives there. ha itwas funny) That is a giant Paella. There were two of those huge pans of Paella...enough to feed 100 people. haha it was fun. and....paella is like THE typical spanish meal. it is rice. with meat and veggies. but actually it is usually done with shellfish...that's just more expensive.

But the best part was the baptism of Tania and Jean! So I sent one picture of their baptism with a bunch of members that they know in Cartagena that came down for it. And Alberto. It was such a crazy saturday because there was the ward activity for lunch and then at the SAME time as our baptism the young women were doing a talent show night to raise money. I don't know who they think they are! haha just kidding. We still managed to keep some kind of reverence during the baptism. And it went so well!!! Tania was superrrr nervous. The other pictures we have of her, she looks absolutely terrified. la pobre. but...she is doing great. She feels happy and ready to keep learning. It was just a big step of faith. Which is a good thing :) Jean is 11 and doesn't think twice about anything so he was super ready to go. He is such a cutie. And I love baptizing future missionaries. yes! Then they were confirmed and sustained yesterday. We have been REALLY blessed with baptisms these last 2 transfers. It amazes me. And I am so grateful. It has been so wonderful. But it has also helped me see about how while it is so nice to see the fruit and see someone get baptized...the real learning and the real joy comes in the process. It is incredible to see the changes that people make. And the happiest I think I have ever felt has been after having just a really great, spirit lead lesson. It's the best feeling ever.
We had an awesome zone conference this week.. There's just nothing better than being in a room full of missionaries. I love it.
The only problem is that now that I'm getting cloeser to being done...everyone only talks about how it will be one of my last zone conferences! sheesh. I'm going to miss it. Anyway, it was great.
Also, yes. Transfer calls are this week. AHH! I have no idea where i'll be going. There is a lot that will be changing this next transfer...so I feel like it could be anywhere. But I'm in denial about leaving Murcia. I'm going to cry a lot. It's fine. I'm just going to try and soak up this last week. Also, yeah, I probably should start packing....I've definitely accumulated things. ha. OH and I have to give a talk on sunday. I guess it is fitting that I can say "peace out" to everyone at once. This ward just means the world to me.
Speaking of awesomeness, Lucia gave the class in relief society on sunday....and she taught as if she has been a member for 30 years! She's the best!!! haha in fact, one of the women asked, when did you get baptized? "oh, a month and a half a go!" haha you would never guess. what a champion.
Today for p-day we went to Monteagudo with the elders. If you remember, I went to this jesus statue like 6 months ago....but I'm the only one that is still here from that first time. haha But it was such a blast! It's nice to get out and run around on p-days.
I think I also sent home the picture with Ismenia...it's because her baby, Marcelo, is my favorite baby in Murcia...he's so cute! Ismenia is a member.
That's all. I let you know next week where I am going! :)
I love you soooo much!!!

con amor, 

hermanica ross

p.s. Jaxen is going to be just a good bow and arrow one day :) I can just see it now....hahahahahaaaaa that made me laugh soooo hard!!!!


No comments: