Well, in case you were wondering, Valentine's day was the best!!! :) We had a bomb zone conference...so I ended the day feeling uplifted and loved. perfect.
It really was an extraordinarily awesome zone conference though. Sometimes I wonder if it is because the zone conferences are getting better, the mission is getting better, or I am just getting older in the mission and understanding how to apply the things more. Maybe it is a little bit of everything. But I'm always so grateful for the correction and advice we receive.
Then, on tuesday night Hermana Capener and I made heart cookies really fast before we went to bed...just because :)
This week has been crazy busy. But that's a good thing. We've been teaching a lot. And running everywhere. A lot of the time even the buses won't get us places fast enough. So it also means that we are way tired. haha
This week we had one of the most intense citas of my life! It was with Alberto's mom. She isn't a member but she comes to church every sunday and has had hermanas coming to her house for a booty long time. Way too long. Anyway, we had a lesson with her on thursday to tell her that she needs to get baptized. But...we did it well. Not that we are crazy cool teachers or anything...because we totally aren't. The Lord just helped us out a lot. It actually is a really cool experience when this happens. We knew we would have this lesson this week. I was pretty nervous about it. I love Alba and I wanted it to go well. So, we had been praying for her, as always...and I had been studying for her all week. I can hardly study the scriptures with out her coming to mind. And we have been asking Alberto for advice. Anyway, after brainstorming all week and still not knowing how we should teach her, on thursday morning I prayed SO hard that we could know what to do. And as I began my studies...it was like everything just starting flowing into my brain. It almost felt like out of nowhere. But I know that it was from the Lord, through the spirit. He loves her too...and didn't want us to mess it up :) But really, it was 'pure intelligence' that I got from the spirit. so cool. And the best part was, when we got to companionship study, the things that I had and what Hermana Capener had....all fit perfectly together! :)
I love the gospel.
The cita went well because we were prepared and guided. And because we had a super woman member with us to bear testimony.
I hope we can set a date with her this week...
Pride is a huge stumbling block.
Ummm...I can't remember what else I had to say.
On saturday, we had a cosecha ('harvest') Where we invite other missionaries and all of the members to come out and do contacts in the street with us. It was stressful getting it all together...but it turned out so well! It was so much fun too because we had 6 elders come from other cities...the more the merrier! We got a ton of futures and it was a good experience for the members too. On of the couples that came was a family that we had asked references from just a few days earlier...and they kind of complained about it. Then they came, tried street contacting, experienced how hard it can be sometimes....and learned that it is easier to share the gospel with someone you already know. :) yes!
But we had a blast.
Then later that day, we had a ward baptism of two little kids. They asked us to turn on the baptism font for it...and I did it....but....forgot to plug it!! NOOO!!! baptism disaster.
we came back to the church later just before the baptism was going to start to find the bishop, Alberto and the elders with buckets filling up the font. It was totally my fault. Classic ditz move. But, the elders made me feel better and said that every missionary has to have a least one experience like that...sheesh. Every baptism has it's crazy. It's kind of like a wedding :) If it isn't the water...than it is the underwear, or the speakers, or something. anyway, we filled it up with buckets and everything worked out. hahaha now...it's really funny.
Well...I LOVE YOU!!!!
I will be praying for you extra hard this week.
con amor,
hermana ross
No comments:
Post a Comment