
that's so funny that they knew hna capener! haha I wonder who that was...
thank you for looking up the dates and stuff for school. I should be able to talk to president this week when I go to málaga this
I love getting news from ldsplan!!! :) yay curtis!! exito!
question...have you heard anything about drew fisher on his mission? is he doing ok? he just randomly came into my mind this week.
so this week has been crazy! and there is more to come!
first of all, something funny that happened today. I'm in Cartagena right now...and this morning we went to the police station to do residency stuff for one of my companions. We ended up standing in line by some people from England and so we started talking to them. But the thing is, even though I can speak english to my american comps...when we talk to strangers it is like spanish mode takes over. Anyway, we ask them where they are from and such and I told them that I live in Murcia. So of course they said, oh what part of Murcia? and I responded cleverly "umm...I live in like, the centro. By the station buses."
uh. bus station? they were so confused. so I apoligized and clarified. (bus station in spanish is estacion de autobuses)
jolin.
but the three of us left laughing pretty hard.
ALSO, last night, we went to the house of the mission leader here in mucia...and he had just been to the american base. He had a TON of american food. and had it all set up together so he could see our faces when we saw all of the reeses, root beer, ranch, goldfish, skittles, etc...we peed our pants. It wasn't even like I wanted to eat all of it either...it was just fun to see american things :)
speaking of which, i got to use a dryer to dry my clothes today...for the first time in almost a year. what a luxury.
alright, on to the more important things of my week.
tuesday morning I sent off La Hermana Capener. It was sad and I cried. And I've missed her bunches this week. but I got emails from her and hermana sturgess! :) it made my little day. turns out there was some mess while they were catching flights and such...and the two of them got a layover in the form of an overnight stay in paris...for free!! all on their way home. isn't that so cool? The Lord is happy with the work they did...and blessed them with a sweet vacation :) love it.
After putting hermana capener on the bus...i went to cartagena. I spent a couple days with hermanas crowder and woofinden following them around and going to citas and stuff. It has been fun! I've loved being in a trio again...and it is always cool to see a new area and meet new people. Then we went back to Murcia...and it was good to be home :) they followed ME around for a couple days and then went back to cartagena on saturday.
Obviously, I couldn't be alone...but I also wasn't willing to miss a sunday in Murcia. So, Estefania (the girls computer that I used to call home for christmas) was kind enough to be my "mini" missionary for a night. She is 19 and super cute and great. We had fun :) It was fun to have a native companion again. It's been awhile. and that night we were together, we even saw some cool miracles together...I didn't have any real cita planned so I was just going to do some contacting with her. I ended up trying to pass by a lady that we had contacted in the street last transfer...but that had given us a wrong phone number. So i was thinking...well, the address will probably be wrong too (if hermana capener is reading this...it is the Patricia lady on calle la seda!) but when we went and rang the doorbell...one of our english class students answered! and i've always wanted to teach her the gospel and not just english :) so we taught her. It was a lesson sent from heaven.
I love it when that happens.
Yesterday was a little weird at church....because I basically didn't have a companion. I was running around trying to do it all alone. I'm so glad I usually have a companion. I can't wait until this thursday when I can pick up my hija!!! But this time without a companion has been a good opportunity for the Lord to show me my weaknesses. I hope I can be a good trainer.
good news: Lucia is totally DONE with smoking!!!! :) she was so excited to tell me about it. she had even baked us an entire cake for us to put in my backpack and take home haha. She looks so happy. I love it. It was one of the happiest moments of my life at her house on thursday. The elders had a big 3 person baptism on saturday so she came and loved it. so now it is her turn! yay!!!
Well....that's all the time I have. I love you so much family!!!
Have a good week!
LOVE YOU
hermana ross
p.s. this is Hermana Crowder with the american food and the family of the mission leader and the other photo is with Estefania
No comments:
Post a Comment