Monday, March 26, 2012

Week 55





Remember that time when no one emailed me? Grandma did though. Thanks grandma! :)

Welp...we're still just livin the life. Lovin Murcia.
Hermana Nelson is great! We are having a blast together. Everyone that sees us talks about how tall we are. yeah yeah....haha
So I am so excited for general conference!!! I feel like the last one wasn't all that long ago...but then I think about everything that has happened in the last 6 months. The weird thing though is that 6 months ago, I was in Murcia! I've been here for so long. haha but that's ok because I'm still enjoying it. It's just not very often that a missionary sees 2 general conferences in the same place! But I'm grateful to be here for it...because I will be able to watch it in english. Such a treat. We are encouraging everyone to go to conference and we are getting them PUMPED :) and inviting them to go to conference searching for answers. With questions in mind and written down. To recieve revelation from the Lord. What better opportunity will we have? These men are apostles of the Lord! It's so cool!!
I love it.
So does Dima :) we taught them (dima and rosi...our bulgarian converts) about conference yesterday and they are so excited. I love them because they are just so sincere. They can't wait to see the prophet...because they already know that he is called of God.

Ok....so this week I have pictures! The first one is my generation picture :) I mean...techincally I'm only like a 1/3 of Hermana Gibson's mom....but it's fine. (if you are confused, I was in a training trio with hermana sturgess to train hermana gibson, who is to my right, which makes me her mom in the mission. and this is her new greenie/daughter!) yay!

Then this is hermanas crowder and woofinden. The trio I was in while I was waiting for hermana nelson. We were making paella. yum.

last week we had a specialized training. I love every opportunity to see president and hermana Clegg. It was such a good one. That day it rained allll day and allll night. so much for straighting my hair. que va. speaking of hair, I cut it again a couple weeks ago.

Remember how a couple weeks ago I told you about that woman from english class? Well her name is Mari. She is the one that we found totally on accident one night (with my mini missionary) while we were looking for someone else. Anyway, we have been teaching her and her daughter Andrea and they are so great! They came to church yesterday and loved it. And the other day we had a lesson where Alberto asked them if they have ever had a spiritual experience. Mari said yes and told the story about that day when we found her house. She said that she had been having all of these problems and a hard week. and that day she had fought with her husband and was home alone crying all day....when we showed up :) she said for her it was like a sign from God that He loves her. It was cool to hear it from her side. The Lord is so amazing. Truly amazing. It's moments like that that make being a missionary the absolute best. I love it so much!

Good news: we ate with Josefa this week and she prayed for our boyfriends again. At this rate, I should have quite the pick when I go home :) bhahaha

and this week we ate at dominoes with the elders...and one of the pizzas had corn on it. Just because it is an american company doesn't mean it's american. Kind of like chinese food in america I think. haha it made me laugh. but it was actually pretty darn good too :)

oh...I just realized why no one wrote me. You were all in utah!! I hope it was fun!
Well family, I love you so much!

ole.
con amor,
hermana Ross

No comments: