Hi dad!
don't worry about last week. I knew you were in the job fair...so it didn't even surprise me. no biggie :)
besides, todo el mundo emailed me today! that was fun!
man....i've got big news this week :) teehee
but first...birthday shout out to RACHEL!!!! YAY! happy birfday best friend!!!!
ok, so basically....hermana capener leaves tomorrow!! what? It is so crazy. Not going to lie...I am so sad. I love hermana capener. You know, sometimes you just get a companion that is just so great that it is like...easy. Never hard or weird or annoying. That is how it is with us. Same sense of humor, tons in common, working hard....it's just been a blast of three months with her. But now she is on to her life again. The really good thing is that she goes to BYUI so I know I will see her again...and I already have plans to live with her :) I love me some hermana capener.
and as far as what is going to happen to me...i'm training!! sweet! I'm SUPER excited about it. There are 5 american girls coming in. I don't know who my comp will be yet...president doesn't even know yet! haha but the really tricky part is that they don't get here until the 15th of march because they are visa waiting! So lets do the math, tomorrow is the 6th and hermana capener leaves in the morning and my comp doesn't come till the 15th...hmmm...so what does hermana ross do? Good question. Obviously I can't be alone...but there is a companionship of hermanas about 45 minutes away in Cartagena. And those two will be training in a trio at the same time as me. So for the next week, the three of us are going to be traveling back and forth from Murcia to Cartagena until our greenies come. That way, Murcia isn't unworked for a week...and I have people to stay with :) It is going to be pretty darn crazy. But super fun. Trios are a blast! and I love those two hermanas...so it will work out.
I'm so pumped for my daughter (aka greenie) to come though that I just want her to be here now!
I'm so glad I get to stay in Murcia. I've been here for 6 months! But it has gone by so fast! And i'm not ready to leave these people yet. Especially Dima and Rosi. Que va.
So, lucia update. She is a champion. A champion I tell you. She is doing well. The woman in planning her own baptism. At one point last week, we left her house and almost felt like...why are we even here? haha she progresses on her own. It's great. I LOVE this woman! But, we had an incredible cita with her on thursday. We invited Nery, a man from our ward that she is good friends with and we had the "this is it" cita. So she could put it behind her once and for all. She got a priesthood blessing over a year ago to quit smoking...but she didn't have her heart in it...she just didn't want to say no. Miracles work according to our faith. but this time, she was ready. It was so powerful. The spirit was so strong and the blessing that the Lord gave her was beautiful. One of the coolest experiences of my mission hands down. After the blessing...she just cried. Change is really hard. But she wants it so bad. And i'm so happy for her! She'll get baptized en seguida. :)
uhh...there was definitely something else. oh well.
OH
i remembered. School. dude. I don't know what to do about school yet. But...will you find out when it starts and stuff? I need to know so I can talk to president aobout the transfers and such. Also...will you ask the school what happens if I don't come back in the fall? Can I just extend my defferrment like that?
For the first time ever...I'm thinking about extending. BUt it is a pretty big decision. I know....I made that decision before I left so I wouldn't have to now...but things change. I don't know what I'll do. Maybe every missionary feels like this...but I would just do anything to have as much time as I can here. I love it soooo much.
it will be a pretty big fasting/praying deal for me. But I can 't do that till I know when school starts and what would happen and such.
got to go.
i love you family!!!!!
hermana ross
No comments:
Post a Comment