Monday, June 11, 2012

Week 66



This week was the feria in Granada. It is called Corpus. So...that comes from Corpus Cristi. Which means the body of Christ. But, naturally, the festival has lost basically all of the religious significance. haha It was kind of crazy town. But it was fun. It wasn't quite as drunken as some of the others I've been to...but also this city is A LOT bigger than my last areas. It was fun though because everyone dresses up in flamenco dresses to go to the feria. Loved it! Here in Granada it was mainly the little girls...all of the little girls and babies had the super bright flamenco dresses on with matching jewlry and giant flowers in their hair. It was basically the cutest thing I have ever seen! We got to see a little bit of the flamenco dancing too....but not a whole lot because we were working...claro! And we kind of tried to stay away from the party. But that meant that the rest of the city was basically deserted! It was crazy. School was out half of last week because of the feria...but everyone goes to the fair grounds.
But this past week in Granada has been one of those like wake up moments where I remember "whoa. I'm totally in spain right now" haha sometimes everything just gets so normal that I kind of forget and I'm just working and living. But, Granada is so beautiful that I remember on a daily basis how cool it is to be here! Plus we get lost on a regular basis...but end up finding pretty things in the city! haha
This week we are saying bye to president and Hermana Clegg :( thursday we are going to Málaga for their farewell zone conference party. I'm sooo sad. But it's ok. I'm sure their grandkids are going to be really happy to see them!
So, this week we have been doing a lot of contacting again. But, we've been blessed! So much! One day last week, we spent basically the whole day out in the street....with not a lot of success....but then on our way home, we got a little lost (as usual) so we asked a lady for directions and then ended up talking to her about the gospel a little (duh) and we went on saturday to teach her, her husband, and her two teenage daughters. That's right....a FAMILY!!!! We are so excited for them. The mom's name is Elena. And we feel like she was sent from heaven. I hope they feel the same way about us :) blessings blessings

We have a ward here. So, the elders are in the same ward as us. Actually, the two of us gave talks yesterday. Saturday night late, the bishop texted us to tell us that we had talks on sunday. haha I looked at hna roderick like, "welcome to the mission!" ha. But we were grateful for the opportunity to talk to the ward. We have such a great ward! I love them so much already! And we have lots of eating citas this week....so we'll be able to get to know them better. Not going to lie, it's been weird meeting new members after being so long in Murcia (and I do miss them) but it has been a lot of fun! People tell me their names and then I sneakily write it down in my agenda....because there's no other way to remember! haha

Also, on saturday, we went to Santa Fe. It is a pueblo in our area and we have some people there that we were trying to visit. But it was cool. It is the original santa fe....but it made me sing the newsies song while I was there. haha but I guess that is where christopher colombus got his permission from the queen....to go discover america on accident. So they have tons of christopher columbus stuff and really cool old buildings :) haha oh and this picture is in santa fe. we took pictures by this statue because we were really excited to see a statue of jesus!

That's about it i think....I love you! I hope you have a good week.
Have fun at girls camp natalie!!!! have fun with the dutch oven dad! :)

LOVE YOU!!!

hermana ross
c/ Ziries 1, 2A
18002 Granada
Spain

No comments: