GRANADA IS SO COOL!!!!
this is a picture of hna Roderick and I in front of our piso with all of our millions of suitcases (as you can see, I am traveling in style with my Mercadona bag)
We got here wednesday afternoon. It was sooo sad to leave Murcia...and Hermana Nelson. I already miss having her as my companion. She's just the best hija anyone could ever ask for!
But the change has been good. It is rather refreshing to be in a new city with new things to see and people to meet. The city is incredible!! It is soooo pretty! And yes, it does have a lot of history! It's pretty exciting. It was the last moorish kingdom in spain...and there is still a lot of influence from it. We are hoping to go to the Alhambra soon. It has certainly been an adventure! I'm used to knowing every nook and cranny of Murcia...but Granada is HUMONGOUS! for real. And we only have half the city....but our area is still crazy big. But that means we have lots to work with! We are loving it so much.
Ok so, it is like Murcia where we share the city with the zone leaders....the only difference is that Granada only has one ward. So the four of us are in the same ward. But having them here has actually saved us a lot because they already know the members and stuff We are working on it :) poco a poco. Yesterday was super fun to meet the ward and see the capilla (it is the stake center...so it is also ginormo. I feel like with every area I go to....everything just gets super sized! haha) The members are so excited to have us! they were all coming up to me to tell me how excited they are and talk about how it has been so long since they have had hermanas. Our ward district leader is a rockstar. Recently returned missionary....kind of like Alberto! except spanish. But I told the ward on the pulpit yesterday to expect miracles. That's what I'm expecting!
Hermana Roderick is from pleasant grove utah. She was hna nelson's comp in the mtc...so this is her 3rd transfer. We get along really well...so I am happy to be with her!
We are trying to figure out the whitewashing business. Because it is such a big area....we've just been contacting a lot. Most of our members live in little towns around the city. So we've been throwing down solid 5-6 hours shifts of contacting. But I like it :) It's been really fun! And we even had a little family that we contacted on friday, come to church yesterday! Bendiciones!
Something kind of funny though has been the piso. It is DEFinitely an elder piso. We got there and there's like random little toys everywhere (who has time for that?) and there wasn't a single bowl in the whole kitchen...yet they left boxes of cereal and milk. What have you been doing elders? eating cereal on a plate with a spatula? haha I wouldn't be suprised. I've gotten a pretty good kick out of all that :) But i know the two elders who left. They are good boys and good missionaries. They have seen some really cool miracles in the past couple weeks. In fact, last sunday they had 2 miracle baptisms that got our mission to make the goal of 50 baptisms in may! I guess President Clegg told them that he doesn't know why this change was happening bc they are doing so well....he just felt that it was what he needed to do. And he did say that the ward seems to miss having hermanas...and that was true!
Also, we've been meeting tons of Americans! It's been so fun! I LOVE the spanish people....but sometimes it's just a blast to meet some american kids. Some of them have been contacts in the street but also there is a big group of kids from Southern virginia university to study spanish...so of course they are all members and will be coming to our ward every week!
I love you family! Thank your for your love and prayers!!!
LOVE YOU!!!!
Hermanica Ross
this is a picture of hna Roderick and I in front of our piso with all of our millions of suitcases (as you can see, I am traveling in style with my Mercadona bag)
We got here wednesday afternoon. It was sooo sad to leave Murcia...and Hermana Nelson. I already miss having her as my companion. She's just the best hija anyone could ever ask for!
But the change has been good. It is rather refreshing to be in a new city with new things to see and people to meet. The city is incredible!! It is soooo pretty! And yes, it does have a lot of history! It's pretty exciting. It was the last moorish kingdom in spain...and there is still a lot of influence from it. We are hoping to go to the Alhambra soon. It has certainly been an adventure! I'm used to knowing every nook and cranny of Murcia...but Granada is HUMONGOUS! for real. And we only have half the city....but our area is still crazy big. But that means we have lots to work with! We are loving it so much.
Ok so, it is like Murcia where we share the city with the zone leaders....the only difference is that Granada only has one ward. So the four of us are in the same ward. But having them here has actually saved us a lot because they already know the members and stuff We are working on it :) poco a poco. Yesterday was super fun to meet the ward and see the capilla (it is the stake center...so it is also ginormo. I feel like with every area I go to....everything just gets super sized! haha) The members are so excited to have us! they were all coming up to me to tell me how excited they are and talk about how it has been so long since they have had hermanas. Our ward district leader is a rockstar. Recently returned missionary....kind of like Alberto! except spanish. But I told the ward on the pulpit yesterday to expect miracles. That's what I'm expecting!
Hermana Roderick is from pleasant grove utah. She was hna nelson's comp in the mtc...so this is her 3rd transfer. We get along really well...so I am happy to be with her!
We are trying to figure out the whitewashing business. Because it is such a big area....we've just been contacting a lot. Most of our members live in little towns around the city. So we've been throwing down solid 5-6 hours shifts of contacting. But I like it :) It's been really fun! And we even had a little family that we contacted on friday, come to church yesterday! Bendiciones!
Something kind of funny though has been the piso. It is DEFinitely an elder piso. We got there and there's like random little toys everywhere (who has time for that?) and there wasn't a single bowl in the whole kitchen...yet they left boxes of cereal and milk. What have you been doing elders? eating cereal on a plate with a spatula? haha I wouldn't be suprised. I've gotten a pretty good kick out of all that :) But i know the two elders who left. They are good boys and good missionaries. They have seen some really cool miracles in the past couple weeks. In fact, last sunday they had 2 miracle baptisms that got our mission to make the goal of 50 baptisms in may! I guess President Clegg told them that he doesn't know why this change was happening bc they are doing so well....he just felt that it was what he needed to do. And he did say that the ward seems to miss having hermanas...and that was true!
Also, we've been meeting tons of Americans! It's been so fun! I LOVE the spanish people....but sometimes it's just a blast to meet some american kids. Some of them have been contacts in the street but also there is a big group of kids from Southern virginia university to study spanish...so of course they are all members and will be coming to our ward every week!
I love you family! Thank your for your love and prayers!!!
LOVE YOU!!!!
Hermanica Ross

No comments:
Post a Comment