Monday, June 18, 2012

Week 67


Fun fact #1- Granada means Pomegranete. So, in Granada, there are little pomegranete details all over the city. On fountains, street tiles and light poles...etc. It's like the theme of the city :)

Fun fact #2- yesterday was father's day! I had no idea until yesterday when the american students said something...here father's day was in march. happy father's day!! I love you dad!!!!

So, some weeks I feel like there really just isn't a whole lot to say other than, hey, life is good...and I love you.
But then, there are weeks like this one where EVERYTHING happened. So where do I even begin?

Fun fact #3- we met an italian man the other day and had a conversation with him. He was speaking italian and I was speaking spanish. And we could totally understand each other...it was the weirdest thing. But really cool :) I've done that before with portuguese people....but italian is really close to spanish too.

On thursday we had the a big zone conference to say goodbye to President and Hermana Clegg. It was the saddest thing everrrrr. I cried a lot. But that was to be expected. They both spoke to us....we watched some videos and we went through all of the traditions that they have for the missionaries when they send them home. Like, hna clegg is making a quilt and has af the missionaries sign a square...and we wrote a little letter to them and to the new presidents. Also, we each had like two minutes alone with the two of them to say bye. Who would have thought that I could love two people so much that aren't even my family....and definitely wouldn't have even met otherwise. I'm going to miss listening to and learning from President! It was sooo hard to say bye. But they told me they will be seeing me soon. That part seems even harder though. Time is going fast.
Some of Presidents last words to us were, "we are leaving spain but we aren't done yet. We will waste and wear out our lives in the service of God because that's just who we are."

Today we went to the Alhambra!!! :) It was so cool. The four of us went and we spent all day there. It is ginormous and there is so much to see! This computer is being weird so I don't know if I'll be able to send pictures of is this week. But it was really beautiful. And so full of history :) It was cool because it was like half Arabic art and culture and then half spanish with a little bit of the renassaince. It was pretty much the greatest thing! I'll send pìctures next time. Mom asked me if Hermana Roderick likes sightseeing and stufff. She does :) she wants to see all of the pretty things just as much as I do. We had soooooo much fun today!

This week we had sooo many ups and downs in the work. But all of the downs are swallowed up in the joy of the miracles. We found a spanish girl miraculously this week. The elders had given us a future....and set up a cita with them. We got to it kinda late and they weren't home (and turned out to be wrong) but when they weren't home we just decided to knock all the doors in the building and so from there, the first door we knocked was this girl. Her dad had just died and she told us that she is angry at God...but let us in :) And at that point... we were struggling. Not finding anything or anyone. But, the Lord pushes us to see our faith...and then answers all of our prayers. The girl's name is Leticia and she is soooo great! I'm excited about her.

So that is all I have time for. Sorry it's lame to have no pictures. But...if you go to the blog, you can see our zone conference! :)
ALSO, important fact. my zip code is actually 18005. NOT 18002. Pretty sure everything will get here fine either way bc hna roderick has gotten some letters....just so you know.

I love you family!!! Especially my favorite dad in the whoooooollleee world!!! :)
Being a missionary is the best.
amen.

Con amor, 

Hermanica Ross

No comments: