ok...LOVE the news about trajan pili!! haha!
sick.
most of the time I just don't think about/try not to think about how little time I have left.
most of the time, it isn't real.
but sometimes it hits me...and it just breaks my heart.
it's going to be so hard to leave.
I'm at the point where it seems to be all anyone talks about to me. also, this week will most likely be my last zone conference. which means I will have to give my "last" testimony. or at least, in the mission.
on the one hand, I think about how it means I am so close to being able to see and be with you guys again...I do miss you and I am really excited for that.
but I love this SO MUCH
something that I have realized recently (I think this realization has come from being with young missionaries the past few months) is that I really am an abuela in the mission. (abuela=grandma) Often, the mission is compared to life. As if we were living an entire life smashed into 18 months-2 years. We are born into the mission...have a trainer...eventually train and just slowly get the hang of things until the mission is all you know or remember. Anyway, I'm in the abuela stage. It's like the time has given me a perspective of things (I'm speaking only of missionary work...not of all life things) like, I don't worry about things that I have just learned aren't important...and I truly feel the weight of the things that are important. Things that I don't think I really understood before...or things that I took for granted. Like, the worth of EVERY soul. Or the reason behind the rules. What it means to let the spirit be in charge and to just let go of myself.
I'm going to miss this.
But, the really really good thing...is that I still have some time :) and i'm so grateful for it. I plan on living it up.
and baptizing people :)
Have I told you recently about how much I love spain?
Well, we won the Euro cup last night...WHOOHOO!!! :) haha it wasn't very condusive to missionary work, but the Lord blessed us anyway. But, we heard screams and noise makers with every goal like last week...but this time, WAY more! haha they went buck wild crazy. and as I've told you before, spain is WAY good at going buck wild kruck party crazy. hahaha luckily we were at home when the game ended. but we heard enough :) and saw some videos from the kids in our ward today. out of control. but I love it.
This week we are having a 4th of july party for our ward :) it started out as a young single adult party...because there are a bunch of american students here studying. But, yesterday when the bishop announced in sacrament meeting, he invited the whole ward. ha. hna roderick looked at each other like...."uh oh. we are going to need a few more watermelons." haha it's going to be fun though.
I cut my hair again today. shorter. it's just getting so hot outside! and it isn't like the heat in vegas where I can just going swimming or go into the air conditioning...there is no escape! So, I just cut my hair shorter and shorter...and don't worry about it! haha
One of our investigators right now, is Vicente. He is spanish and we met him in the street. He is so great! He has come to church the last two sundays...and this week he showed up in a white dress shirt and slacks :) We'll find him tie. He has pretty severe depression though. He has for 10 years...after an accident that he had. His parents have him going to psychologits and stuff. So, sometimes I worry because I want to make sure people are getting baptized for the right reasons...but it has been good to see the change in him. He really does look happier! I think the gospel is finally giving him something to live for. The first time he came to church we asked him how it went and he said, "good...everyone was really excited all the time...and I got a little excited too....." haha :) it was cute. and then this week he learned about the temple and loved it.
The gospel of Jesus Christ changes people.
It's so cool.
I love you family!!!!
Thank you for your love and support. Have a good week!
ole.
con amor,
Hermana Ross
most of the time I just don't think about/try not to think about how little time I have left.
most of the time, it isn't real.
but sometimes it hits me...and it just breaks my heart.
it's going to be so hard to leave.
I'm at the point where it seems to be all anyone talks about to me. also, this week will most likely be my last zone conference. which means I will have to give my "last" testimony. or at least, in the mission.
on the one hand, I think about how it means I am so close to being able to see and be with you guys again...I do miss you and I am really excited for that.
but I love this SO MUCH
something that I have realized recently (I think this realization has come from being with young missionaries the past few months) is that I really am an abuela in the mission. (abuela=grandma) Often, the mission is compared to life. As if we were living an entire life smashed into 18 months-2 years. We are born into the mission...have a trainer...eventually train and just slowly get the hang of things until the mission is all you know or remember. Anyway, I'm in the abuela stage. It's like the time has given me a perspective of things (I'm speaking only of missionary work...not of all life things) like, I don't worry about things that I have just learned aren't important...and I truly feel the weight of the things that are important. Things that I don't think I really understood before...or things that I took for granted. Like, the worth of EVERY soul. Or the reason behind the rules. What it means to let the spirit be in charge and to just let go of myself.
I'm going to miss this.
But, the really really good thing...is that I still have some time :) and i'm so grateful for it. I plan on living it up.
and baptizing people :)
Have I told you recently about how much I love spain?
Well, we won the Euro cup last night...WHOOHOO!!! :) haha it wasn't very condusive to missionary work, but the Lord blessed us anyway. But, we heard screams and noise makers with every goal like last week...but this time, WAY more! haha they went buck wild crazy. and as I've told you before, spain is WAY good at going buck wild kruck party crazy. hahaha luckily we were at home when the game ended. but we heard enough :) and saw some videos from the kids in our ward today. out of control. but I love it.
This week we are having a 4th of july party for our ward :) it started out as a young single adult party...because there are a bunch of american students here studying. But, yesterday when the bishop announced in sacrament meeting, he invited the whole ward. ha. hna roderick looked at each other like...."uh oh. we are going to need a few more watermelons." haha it's going to be fun though.
I cut my hair again today. shorter. it's just getting so hot outside! and it isn't like the heat in vegas where I can just going swimming or go into the air conditioning...there is no escape! So, I just cut my hair shorter and shorter...and don't worry about it! haha
One of our investigators right now, is Vicente. He is spanish and we met him in the street. He is so great! He has come to church the last two sundays...and this week he showed up in a white dress shirt and slacks :) We'll find him tie. He has pretty severe depression though. He has for 10 years...after an accident that he had. His parents have him going to psychologits and stuff. So, sometimes I worry because I want to make sure people are getting baptized for the right reasons...but it has been good to see the change in him. He really does look happier! I think the gospel is finally giving him something to live for. The first time he came to church we asked him how it went and he said, "good...everyone was really excited all the time...and I got a little excited too....." haha :) it was cute. and then this week he learned about the temple and loved it.
The gospel of Jesus Christ changes people.
It's so cool.
I love you family!!!!
Thank you for your love and support. Have a good week!
ole.
con amor,
Hermana Ross

No comments:
Post a Comment