Welp. I officially have one month left on my misson.
but it sounds like everyone is well aware. haha
so vicente didn't get baptized this past weekend because he
is getting baptized with 5 other people this saturday! haha it is going to be a
GREAT baptism. The other five are people the elders are teaching. We are so
excited! In fact, today we are going to the church to make corndogs with the
elders and plan the baptism...and the musical number (WHY?? I think I've been
to like one baptism that I didn't have to sing in. haha) But for real, it is
going to be an amazing baptism.
Speaking of baptisms, we should have some next weekend too.
If all goes well. You see, we are teaching some of my favoritest people ever.
And, by the looks of the pictures I am sending you, you are probably going to
think they look like a bunch of crazies. and well....that's because they are!
hahaha words cannot describe. So, let me tell you about them. There is a recent
convert in our ward named Manu. He is LOVING being a member of the church and
takes his usher calling very very seriously :) and is preparing himself for the
melchesidek priesthood (i used to know how to spell that....but spanish
confuses me.) and he is doing sooo good! (he is not in the picture) So, about a
month or so ago Manu called us to tell us that he wants us to teach his
parents. They are older and his dad is really sick. Essentially, he told us
that he wants us to baptize his dad before he dies. ha. really though. Manu's
parents are the two old people in the picture, the girl is Isabel their
daughter (she is mentally handicapped) and the boy is their grandson (we gave
him a book of mormon this week and he has been reading it every day :))
The dad's name is Julio, he is 79 and has just about every
sickness you can think of. But he is HILARIOUS!! He makes me laugh so hard.
Please notice the giant tatoo of christ on the cross that he has tattooed to
his chest. Along with a tattoo of a woman he met when he was in the marines.
haha oh, and he's never wearing a shirt.
but, in his defense, it is extremely hot outside.
The mom's name is Carmela and she has pink hair. She married
julio when she was 16 and had 11 children.
(just so you know, they aren't spaniard spanards....they are
Gitanos...it's like a different kind of spanish people...they have ancestors
that usually come from Romania or somewhere but their family has been in spain
for a really long time. so they are considered spanish....just gitanos)
Every time we talk to Julio he talks about how he just wants
to get to the gate of heaven and have "padre celestial" (heavenly
father) let him in and say that he has been faithful. But, with as much as this
man talks about dying....I don't think he is going to be dying very soon. haha
he's funny. Anyway, when we go over, we teach them and then he tells us a bible
story or two. But his bible stories make me pee my pants because they are only
half way true. Usually the basic plot is right....he just puts a Julio spin on
it. I wish it translated well. But one of my favorites (and his because he has
told it to us about 4 times) is when he tells us about the resurrection of Jesus.
He tells the story and then when Mary sees Jesus he says, "Magdalena. Eres
Magnifica. ¡no me toques!" hahahahahha ohhhh....I wish I could act it out
for you! (translation: Magdelen (also means cupcake in spanish). You are
magnificent. Don't touch me!") I mean....it's basically what he said to
her. hahahaha
But they are preparing to get baptized. Carmela has come to
church with Isabel twice already and loves it. (even though they live booty far
away) The problem is that Julio has been to sick to leave the house. We fasted
for him on saturday....but he still couldn't come yesterday. We are praying for
him so much. They love it when we come over. I love it too. They are soooo
great! Crazy, but great. I always leave the citas with them so so happy.
It is funny how the mission brings you to meet and love
people that....you would never expect!
It's the best. We are praying that they can get baptized
this transfer. And I love them!!
Maybe I'll take a video of Julio and show it to you when I'm
home. Typing just doesn't do it justice.
Um, that's about it. All is well in Granada. Loving
life....living it up.
I love you!!!!
con amor,
Hermana Ross

No comments:
Post a Comment