hola paco.
so, this weekend had enough happen to fill a novel.
But, I'll start with Dia de Diamante. Remember how I told
you it is our mission's all out attack at finding and working until we drop?
Well, it was a blast! We did splits with some of the women in the ward....some
of them were braver than others...haha but they are champions for going out to
the street with us. And I seriously had soooo much fun going out with them. But
I'm not going to lie, I was DOG tired when we got home at night. It was a good
kind of dog tired. The "giving everything to the Lord" type tired.
The type when I finally got into bed, I had a smile on my face. It's good to be
a missionary in Spain.
The incredible part about Dia de Diamante is always what
happens afterwards. Saturday morning, the next day, our zone leaders called to
tell us that a bolivian girl that had a baptismal date for the next week just
moved here on friday. She had been living in a different city and was meeting
with the missionaries. On the phone elder shaver said, "She can meet with
you in a half hour and wants to get baptized. Are you busy?" uhhh....for
that I'm not busy! haha
Since then, we feel like miracles have been falling from
heaven. All for one day of pushing ourselves to the limit.
The Lord is incredible.
One of our other huge miracles from this weekend is Vicente.
We met Vicente about a month ago on the street. He struggles with depression....but
he loves the Book of Mormon and has come to church every sunday since we met
him. But for the past couple weeks he's beeen struggling with something much
bigger. Like, scary kind of bigger. But on saturday, we met with him in the
church right after teaching the bolivian girl :) and by the hand of the Lord,
the elders happened to be there too. So, they gave Vicente a priesthood
blessing. In the blessing, he was promised proteccion from evil and a million
other good blessings that he needs. Then when we saw him yesterday in the
capilla, he looked like a different person! For real. His face changed. He had
light in his eyes...and he was smiling a lot :) The members even noticed it
without knowing about what was going on. On of the sisters in the ward asked us
about him. She was like, that boy you are teaching...he looked different today.
Of course he looked different! The gospel and the power of the priesthood is
changing and saving his life! It's incredible. He is getting baptized this
weekend, When I get home I explain more of this story.
But, I feel like I have seen a lot of miracles in my mission
from priesthood blessings. I am so grateful for the power of the priesthood and
for the men who hold and exercise it.
All weekend we have had miracles and blessings. I feel like
ever since friday the smile has hardly left my face.
I love you family!
Have a good batman marathon! haha that's probably not the
thing I'll be up to when I get home...but frozen yogurt with my nephews does
sound fun :)
Sorry, I always tell you that so much happens and then it is
my shortest email.
it's fine.
LOVE YOU!!!
hna ross
No comments:
Post a Comment