helloooo family!
I'm glad you had a good 4th of july!
I did too :)
but...mine didn't include fireworks.
we did get to use a grill though! haha that was pretty exciting.
We had a party for the young single adults+whoever else wanted to come and it
was so fun!! the american family in our ward let us use their grill in the
church while they went to the beach. So, we made hamburgers and hotdogs and
played american games. And we made chocolate chip cookies and brownies. Pretty
sure the spaniards felt way out of their element with the food...but it was
delicious :) also, we played football and basketball so we got to wear shorts!
woohoo! Actually, it kinda felt like p-day for a couple hours. haha it was so
weird.
Our ward mission leader's name is Dani. He got off his mission last september
and served in the provo mission. (i think it is provo...he was in sourthern
utah a lot...like st george and stuff) he had an american flag from his mish
and a couple state flags...so of course we hung all of them up and sang the
national anthem for everyone. But we sang it terribly...haha. like, really
terribly. Why is that song so high?
Anyway, rather than wearing something american I wore my spain world cup jersey
:) pretty sure I got a couple brownie points with the members for that. haha I
am in spain after all! But, this picture is of me in my spain shirt and dani
dressed up like a cowboy. haha culture clash!
Thursday was zone conference. So, we finally met President Deere! and his whole
family. they have a 16 year old daughter and 13 year old son that are here too.
kinda crazy. They are really young mission presidents but super great! They've
got lots of energy and are going to be awesome for the mission. They also have
an older son that just got back from his misison and one that is like 9 months
out.
It was also my last zone conference. Pretty sad. But I loved every second of
it. Like I told you, I had to give my last testimony. It was basically just an
opportunity to get in front of a third of my mission and cry. haha No, it was
good. It was just kind of a weird experience to get in front of all of those
missionaries. A lot of them were either elders that came out at the same time
as me...and a lot of them are older than me in the mission. Elders that I've
served with my whole mission and asked for advice because they have more
experience...and now I'm peacin out! weird. I envy their extra six months.
soooo much.
But cool things are happening this week!!!
So, I don't know if I told you, but in april we had something called "dia
de Diamante" aka Diamond Day. We all fasted the day before and the entire
mission spent the whole day street contacting and tracting. No lessons or anything...just
finding. It was amazing the first time we did it...so many miracles. Now we are
doing it again! and I'm SO excited! so we will fast from wed to thrusday and
then friday is our day. But this time we've set super huge goals. I about peed
my pants when elder shaver told me the goals. They are: 3,000 futures this
friday, 200 baptismal dates and 70 baptisms in august. I'm so pumped!!!
Last dia de diamante, Hermana Nelson and I saw so many miracles and blessings
afterwards....and I know the Lord will bless us again.
That's about it I think.
I love you!!!
con amor,
Hermana Ross



No comments:
Post a Comment